I hear the birds on the summer breeze ♡


I just had to share this recent track by my goddess, Lana Del Rey. Titled Ride, the new single from 'Born To Die - The Paradise Edition'. 

Everyone has their own opinions good or bad but so far friends I know only sees her from the bad point of view *hmpfft*,  maybe its from the way she looks, the plastic surgery rumors, that she sounds weird live and so on, I dont know, it doesnt change my thoughts of her. I am just so in love with her, I am weirdly intrigued with everything about her. From her live sets because they're not all bad, really. Her smaller sets with only her fans are the best, she prolly gets stage fright or something hence the bigger concerts and shows you can feel/hear the shakiness in her voice, and I love every song from her there is to date. From Born to Die to Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, and so on, every deep dark meaning of it and everything else on the surface. I JUST LOVE IT.

Here's her new single Ride.


The poem or whatever she was reciting/saying at the start of the video :

I was in the winter of my life
& the men I met along the road where my only summer.
At night id fell asleep with visions of myself dancing and laughing and crying with them.
Three years down the line of being on an endless World Tour
My memories of them is the only thing that sustained me
and my only real happy times.

I was a singer, not a very poplar one.
I once had dreams of becoming a beautiful poet.
But a plan of unfortunate series of events,
I saw those dreams dashed and divided
like a million stars in the night sky
that I wished on over and over again.
Sparkling and broken
That I didnt really mind because I knew that
It takes getting everything that you ever wanted
and then losing it to know what true freedom is.


When the people I used to know found out what I’ve been doing
How I’ve been living
They ask me why
But there is no use in talking to people who have a home.
They have no idea what its like to seek safety in other people.
For home to be where ever you lie your head


I was always an unusual girl.
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul.
No moral compass pointing to North
No fixed personality
Just a inner indecisiveness that is as wide and wavering as the ocean
And if I said that I didn’t plan for it to turn out this way I’d be lying
Because I was born to be the other women
I belonged to know one
Who belong to everyone?
Who had nothing?
Who wanted everything?

There’s a fire for every experience and an obsession for freedom,
That terrified me to a point that I couldn’t even talk about it
And pushed me to a nomadic point of madness that both dazzled and dizzied me


And at the ending of the video :

Every night I use to pray that I find my people.
And finally I did on the open road
We had nothing to lose. Nothing to gain
Nothing we desired anymore
Except to make our lives into a work of art
Live fast, die young. Be wild and have fun
I believe in the country America used to be
I believe in the person I want to become
I believe in the freedom of the open heart
And my motto is the same as ever.
I believe in the kindness in strangers
And when I’m at war with myself
I ride, I just ride.

Who are you?
Are you in touch with all your darkest fantasies?
Have you created a life for yourself?
Where you can experience them
I have, I am f****** crazy.
But I am free


Comments

You'd be interested in . . .